LaraconIN 2023 is the official Laravel conference - a community-led and community-driven conference. The conference is centered around the Laravel framework covering its development uses and related general software development topics.
A primary goal of Laracon India is to be inclusive to the largest number of participants, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community and conference and the consequences of unacceptable behavior.
We invite all those who participate in Laracon India activities to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all organizers, community members, attendees, speakers, sponsors, partners, and associates:
- Your participation should be authentic and healthy. It should contribute to the success of the conference.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Always attempt collaboration before conflict. Healthy discussions are the way to resolve any issues.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. Be mindful of people’s choices, faith, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof)
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Remember that the conference venue and surroundings may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community and at the conference:
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of conference and community events, including talks and presentations.
Unacceptable behavior from any participant, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, we may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the conference without warning (and without refund).
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or letting one of the conference organizers know.
Additionally, conference organizers are available to help participants engage with local law enforcement or to otherwise help those experiencing unacceptable behavior feel safe. In the context of the conference, organizers will also provide escorts as desired by the person experiencing distress.
Conference organizers and volunteers can easily be identified from the ID cards that they will be wearing at all times. You can also report unacceptable behavior at the registration desk.
We expect all conference participants (sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
Team Laracon India : email@example.com
This Code of Conduct is a direct swipe from the awesome work of Open Source Bridge, and Wordcamp Nagpur but with our conference information substituted. The original is available at Open Source Bridge 2018 [archived] and is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.